Are you ready to join over 1.4 million adults this year who are choosing to invest in a straight smile? If you’re ready to correct your bite and alignment issues, you have more options than ever to get a picture-perfect smile. As an alternative to metal braces, many adults are choosing Invisalign in Point Pleasant. Here’s what you can expect while on your journey to a straight smile using clear aligners.
UNDERSTANDING THE INVISALIGN PROCESS
Invisalign is unique from traditional braces because a series of clear aligners are worn over your teeth to gradually move them into position. Each one applies continual pressure to reposition them. You can get the smile you deserve in 5 simple steps:
- Initial Consultation – Invisalign can be used to treat a variety of bite and alignment concerns; however, you’ll still need an initial consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Point Pleasant to ensure it’s the right solution for you. Besides a visual examination, they will also take X-rays and images of your teeth and mouth to determine your orthodontic options.
- Molding Process – We’ll take molds of your mouth using advanced technology. The digital scan integrates with state-of-the-art software to map the movement of your teeth. The information is sent to the Invisalign laboratory to fabricate your custom-made series of aligners.
- Fitting Your Aligner – After your aligners are ready, you’ll return to our office for your initial fitting. We may apply small attachments to your teeth to better hold the trays in place. They are clear buttons that are virtually invisible; therefore, you don’t need to worry about any added attention brought to your smile. The fixtures are removable, so they won’t leave any lasting evidence on your teeth.
- Follow-Up Appointments – You won’t need appointments for adjustments because there aren’t any wires or brackets used during your treatment, but you’ll need to visit our office every few weeks. This allows us to monitor the movement of your teeth to reach your goals on time. To ensure there aren’t any unnecessary delays, it’s best to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours per day. You will also need to switch to a new aligner weekly to progress through your plan as intended.
- Maintain Your Straight Smile – Although everyone’s plan differs, most patients are finished with their series of aligners after about 12 months. Generally, patients who have complex needs will require more aligners than someone who only needs minor improvements. After you’ve finished your series, you’ll need to wear your retainer to prevent your teeth from moving back into their previous positions. There are several options available to help you choose the right retainer for your needs and preferences.
GET A STRAIGHT SMILE TODAY
If you’re ready to invest in a beautiful, healthy smile, take your first step by scheduling your consultation. Contact our office today to see if you’re a candidate for Invisalign. We look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams.